Sludacris

Sludacris

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Please help

I hav'nt posted in awhile because things are so difficult. Mike is certainly right about progress, but with it comes a huge downside. Pate is wanting to send Michael to another rehab because they cannot handle him when he becomes aggressive. I am so sad because I thought this was the perfect set-up for Michael to heal. I must admit I am angry as well; I feel like they are throwing in the towel before the cytoxan has a real chance to work. If he goes to another rehab it would be out of state and he would lose his neurologist here as well as us. I believe it will set him back again. So I struggle with the question, "Why does'nt anything go his way and where is God when we need him desparately?" If anyone reading this has an honest answer or real hope to offer me, I would love to hear from you. I feel like I am drowning in heartache and don't know how much longer I can do this. At times he knows I am his mom, but then he does'nt and asks who I am. When I tell him, he becomes very upset and at times angry. He says that I am not his mom....he knows who his mom is. I walk on eggshells with my own son. When he looks me in the eyes with his beautiful green eyes and does'nt know me, I can't even find words to describe what it does to me. I am trying so hard every day to stay strong for him and put on a smile when I see him, but I am dying inside a little more each day. I think all of you know how much Michael is loved and I can't imagine what our lives will be like without him. I do know that we can't bring him home until he can get back some memory. We would not be able to keep him safe much less at home. He would leave and there is no telling what would happen to him. Insurance is already hinting that they can't pay for rehab forever, as they put it. If they don't do right by Michael and something bad happens to him, God help them because I will hold them responsible. Post from Mom

6 comments:

  1. I don't have any wonderful answers for you... I just wanted to let you know that Michael is loved by people who barely know him. I only met him a few times in high school, but I'm praying for him and your family diligently.

    I won't pretend to have any idea what you're going through. All I know to tell you is that your reactions, your unconditional love, and your son's story... they matter to God, and they're making a huge impact on other people even when you don't hear about it or see it. I know that impact is probably of little importance to you when you see Michael struggling, but I hope you at least know that it's there.

    Sometimes God allows these things play out. Sometimes hindsight brings answer, and in other situations - we may never understand why. I have no idea what will happen with your family. All I know is God created Michael. He knows exactly what's going on with Michael's health right now. He loves Michael, and He loves you. He understands what it's like to see your child hurting. He knows, and He loves. That's all I know to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosi, the mothers of us out here hurt with you every day. We have not experienced what you are going through, yet we feel the pain and loss with you. I feel sure Michael knows you are his mom deep within, I don't think that bond is every gone. His is just jumbled up right now. I hope you know that if we could step in and do this for you and give you and Mike a break, we would do it in a heartbeat. Everyone following this blog would. But I know the constancy and familiarity is critical to Michael in his recovery, and that is his family. The previous post says it so well; God is with each of you and you have to lean on that. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rosi! please stay strong! i know that is easy for me to say because i am not in your position but please know that there are so many friends that are constantly thinking of and praying for michael and his family. we havent lost hope. michael is such a smart and strong man we know he will make it through this. i wish i were there to give you a huge and let you know how much it hurts me too to see such a good friend struggle so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading your blog...thinking of you all so much.
    -Jeff, Janna, Luke & Grace
    -Mitch and Jim Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story brings tears to my eyes and so many prayers to my heart! A friend of mine here in Arizona turned me onto your blog. I have three boys of my own and could not imagine looking into their eyes and they not knowing me! Thank God he has you and your strength to keep going. Don't ever feel that you are turning your back on him, just do what you have to do to keep him safe. I have a neice that suffers from brain trauma and here in Az we have no system for mental health, my advice for you is please don't bring your son here. California is a wonderful state for mental health and you may find what you are looking for there. God Bless you family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending Love to all of you.
    www.shareintl.org

    ReplyDelete