Sludacris

Sludacris

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Limbo (again)

Well, here we are again in limbo. There are quite a few folks searching for an answer as to where is the best place Michael can go, but this takes time. I expect it will take another week. Meanwhile he is in the hospital, which is not the best place for him.

Michael sometimes recognizes me/us and sometimes doesn't. When he doesn't, he will constantly ask if we know his name and how old he is. This is to convince himself that you know him and he is Ok to be with you. The doctor is familiar and gave this a long name. He says there are ways to try to cope with this and will get me some more information. That is what happened the other day when we brought Michael to our apartment. He could not recognize our faces and then didn't trust us, so he fled. It isn't unusual for him to be with me and then ask me if he can speak to his dad. I just say sure and go out in the hall and call his room. He is OK with my voice on the phone but just cannot put the face with it. Temporal lobe problems.

We are currently in the taking two steps backward phase. I have to only hope that this will all work out, but it is far from over.

Pops

5 comments:

  1. Sending lots of love and prayers...wish that I had a time machine to take us back to December.
    Love y'all so much<3
    Roma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so sorry to hear about everything that is happening to your family. You are very loving and generous and remember to take care of yourselves. I hope for the best outcome possible and wish you peace in all your struggles. Stay strong. If and when Michael comes back, he will be eternally grateful for your love and patience. Love each other as much as possible. ~ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I have just come to your blog and wanted to drop a note. I am so, so sorry to hear about the terrible situation you're all having to endure. I know it's little consolation, but you are in my thoughts... I'm sending you light and love and hoping that Michael, and all of you, recover quickly!!! ~k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-
    I don't know you all or Mike. I am part of a group (Love Drop) that drops love to folks who need it. I can't say I know what you are going through but I have been up close to someone, Brian, who contracted viral encephalitis and he was in Europe at the time. Seeing that Mike went to europe caught my attention to read this blog from start to finish. There is a book written by Brian's wife, Patty. He has since passed away but she wrote about how she had to fight for healthcare and services he needed - among other things. I just thought maybe the book would give you some insight that you are not alone, others have been where you are. Her book name is "Afterall:Our love story" written by Patty Bayman. Please don't think I am here to advertise the book - quite the opposite. She wrote the book so others could relate or have something to relate to.

    As a family, what you all are doing and enduring is quite amazing. I work in the non profit field of health services and I have seen various cases of folks having support from family and sadly many cases of individuals abandoned by families. What you are doing is huge. I don't have any magic answers nor do I have money to donate but this blog is a great way to continue to raise awareness of what's happening with Mike. There are places out there. Keep looking. Keep pushing for different meds. I have seen first hand when finding the right medication for someone works.

    I hope these words reach out to you and give you a little hope.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  5. For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
    it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
    If it seems slow, wait for it;
    it will surely come; it will not delay.
    Hab2:3-4

    This word came to me for Michael. God is at work.

    I love you all.

    ReplyDelete