Sludacris

Sludacris

Friday, May 6, 2011

It's great to be a Tennessee Vol

Updating from the hospital. I am watching Michael put away an enormous lunch after a morning spent playing Jenga, Uno and Domino's. I came in Wednesday to help transition Michael- we are in the process of finding a new rehab facility for him. I can tell that he has made neurological improvements since my visit in March (speech, aggression, confusion are all better). The speedbump that he is dealing with at the moment is primarily physical. Without saying too much, it is important that we find a new rehab facility for Michael.

When I got here, he looked at me and said "Tennessee!" (A fabulous greeting, in my opinion.) We walked the halls chanting "I said it's great to be a Tennessee Vol"- any UT fan knows how this goes. He even sang a little Rocky Top with me.

So, for now the plan is:

A. New rehab- we are touring a place this afternoon.
B. Continue getting Michael back to Michael, as much as we can. There are moments where it is clear he is in there.

1 comment:

  1. Yes...He is in there...and he needs a flock of sherpas to find his way back. We are all the sherpas.

    Tommy

    ReplyDelete