Sludacris

Sludacris

Thursday, May 12, 2011

orange you glad I'm here

Good news! Michael was moved to his new digs at Pate yesterday. It is a scenic, 95acre ranch. I saw horses, goats, and a donkey, {he and Michael should get along well}. The house he is in has open living spaces in the middle, and bedrooms off both ends much like a lodge. We are hoping the open spaces and ability to have choices will suit him better. We decorated his room with the stuff everyone sent and it looks like Michael. He did very well up until about 7:30 {at which time he needed meds and shut-eye} when he told everyone in a loud voice "just leave". The problem with his request is that he shares this abode with 15 other people. The staff quickly moved the other residents. Michael spotted the oranges on the counter, and someone whispered to Ashley, "I think he is going to throw it." You guessed it......he did. It was actually kind of comical, him standing in the kitchen throwing oranges at the staff. They quickly scrambled to remove the apples off the counter. He calmed down after his meds and shower and went to bed. I spent the night with him on a rollaway, and he slept 12 hours staight. This place has a rec-room with a pool table, ping pong, large screen TV and other games. I think we will spend alot of time down there when we visit. Post from Mom

1 comment:

  1. I was a PT that saw Michael briefly at UTSW. Pate is an EXCELLENT Facility. I wish him the best and think about yall often! Please know that while he may not be the son that you know, he still reached out and touched people. Although I never knew the Michael yall knew I saw a positive personality shining through.

    ReplyDelete