Sludacris

Sludacris

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Calling all Believers!

This is a post from Mom.

This morning Michael spiked a fever, probably due to fluid in his lungs. They are treating with a broad spectrum anitbiotic until they can figure out the source of the problem. More waiting.... It feels like all we do. One day blends into the next for Mike and me. Both of us wish we could take Michael's place, but we can't. We do our best to put on our upbeat 'faces' before we enter his room. We want him to see only hope and love in our eyes.

To be honest, Mike and I both feel numb and so deeply sad that its hard to describe. If there is anyone that doesn't deserve this, its Michael. Thank you to our supper club friends who sent us a care package. We do so feel your love!

Friends, please don't forget Loren and Jordan - they are hurting as well and don't have us there for support. If there is any kindness you can show them we would greatly appreciate it.

The main reason for my post is this: Michael needs a miracle. He needs God to move on his behalf. I know there are thousands who read this blog. I am asking all of you to pray for a miracle.

Thanks,
Mom

8 comments:

  1. Believing for a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers are coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a miracle!!!

    Jer 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou [art] my praise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of y'all...much love<3
    Roma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosi and Mike,
    Michael is in my prayers along with both of you, Loren and her family and Jordan. My heart goes out to you all. I can't imagine, as a parent, what you are going through but I believe in miracles and I'm praying with you!

    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

    love,
    Debbie Herod (Ashley's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that no one is more exhausted than your family right now, and I'm sure optimism is scarce. So, since I have an excessive amount of optimism, I thought I would share some with you guys. :)
    I have definitely had my moments where I've been incredibly down and almost hopeless when it comes to his situation, but then I stop myself immediately to observe the positive things. I refuse to believe that this illness will be the end of Michael's story. Michael is the most intelligent, brilliant, magnificent person I have ever known. From what I know of the rest of the Sluders, I think that those are traits you all share. Michael was made for something so much more than this, and he hasn't completed his purpose here yet. He's just simply too amazing. Something always comes back and assures me that he will be back.
    Michael was there for me and my light during the very worst time of my life. He taught me more than he will ever know. Michael essentially brought me back to life and opened my eyes to viewing so many things differently in the world. He was there when I didn't even know that I needed him, even when I thought I didn't need him. He didn't care, he was still there helping me not even realizing it. I will never stop believing he will find a way back, I know he's buried inside there fighting his way back..and I know he will succeed. (I mean really, what DOESN'T he succeed at?)

    You are all in my thoughts every minute of every single day.
    It's impossibly hard, but we all know if anyone can make it through this..it's Michael.
    I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely praying for a miracle. Allen is proof that miracles do occur. He was given 6 months to live 5 years ago and he is still fighting every day. The same will happen for your family.

    Barbara K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HE still moves stones, I have a peace beyond all understanding, God keeps telling me, not as a whisper, in a clear voice.. be still and know that I am God, Micheal is going to be just fine. I have not ceased to pray for Micheal,and will continue to pray for the Lord to hold Micheal in his arms and carry him and the rest of the Sluder family through this.

    ReplyDelete