Sludacris

Sludacris

Monday, February 28, 2011

Not bad.

Writing this as I watch a new episode of "House". It helps me help the doctors in their trade. Kinda like well, no, I am not a doctor, but I did watch House last night..

Michael is once again setting the pace for his peers. He has shown pretty dang good progress over his short stint in this rehab. He has also shown a dislike for being restrained and having stuff plugged into his veins. It may take him a couple of more days to get everyone trained correctly but he is working on it.

The therapists say he had a great morning. They asked him who he was and he gave them the look and said "Sluder". He was chatty with them and was able to read the numbers off of die and some stuff like that. Later when I got there he looked great. He was looking for his "stuff" and looked at me and said he had to get to work. A little later he wanted to leave and said he wanted to go home to his place. All this we have seen before, but not for quite a while. It is definitely a step back in the right direction and came much quicker than I expected. Unless I miss my guess, I imagine soon the rehab place will have a flight risk on their hands. Not sure how we are going to handle that.

He also had a good shower and really likes to have us rub his hair. It leads to instant sleep - kinda like me. And Rosi and I have been reading to him from one of his favorite authors, Cormac McCarthy. Not easy reading, but he likes it. He smiles a lot now, too. Aggitation can happen suddenly but I believe it is just part of his healing. Lots of ups and downs.

Did I mention Jordan came over last weekend. Michael loved having him here, something about being brothers and all, I guess. It was good having him visit.

So, all in all, not bad.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he's made great progress since I saw him just yesterday!! That sure makes my heart happy!! It's great news, I think we all knew he had it in him! Two thumbs up!!! ;)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was playing basketball the other day and started to think about all the time me and Michael would play growing up together. He was always the most naturally talented and gifted person I have ever met before. I'm sure this is just a small step in his great life that he has accomplished so far. I can't imagine what he is going through right now. I can only pray for a fast and speedy recovery. Mikes old friend Brandon Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo glad that things are looking up!!! Love y'all:=)
    Roma

    ReplyDelete