Sludacris

Sludacris

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Who are You?

Rosi and I got a good surprise after Michael had his third plasma treatment today. He looked at us and started spitting out words! He looked at me and scrunched his face and said "Really". I am sure my eyes got wide and he then said "No way" and "what". I said stupid and he told me back "you are stupid"! This went on for a few minutes before he got tired. It was fun.

Later he wanted to stand up and we figured out he wanted to go to the bathroom, which is definitely a good thing we need to learn.

At the end of the day he was trying so hard to get some words out and you could tell it seemed just at the tip of his tongue. He finally, after struggling, got out "Who are you?" I told him I was Fred, and his mom was Ethyl. Just kidding, but to be able to actually ask a question and use phrases I thought was huge.

I am looking forward to tomorrow and seeing Michael get better. Monday we are looking at maybe walking and eating some soft food.

We are still awaiting definitive tests results but for now these treatments seem to be effective. We'll take it.

4 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear you guys say that you can't wait until tomorrow!!! Awesome and an answer to prayers that the treatments are working and so fast too!! Happy Valentine's Day you guys!!

    Love you guys!
    Kelly and Lsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these updates! Thinking positive and sending many hugs. xxxooo Doug and Laurie

    ReplyDelete