Sludacris

Sludacris

Monday, March 7, 2011

Fun

Michael is doing OK. He has surpassed several hurdles. He no longer has anything "plugged into" him, is eating real food (and enjoying it) and enjoys a hot shower just like the rest of us! He has an attendant that is with him all the time when Rosi and I aren't there, so he is basically back to living like a normal person.

He is also a lot of fun to be around, downright funny at times! The nurses and therapists all have taken to him as well. He and his Mom love to make silly faces at each other and laugh (OK, I do too), and he spends a lot of time out of his room. We went outside this weekend (the weather here is great) and threw the football and just enjoyed the fresh air. Lots of hugs of course. A huge difference from where we were a few weeks ago, to say the least.

I really think he gets it when I explain things to him. He loves for us to just talk and he listens well. He then gives me that knowing look and has told me that he understands. He also is increasing his vocabulary and I think this is where therapy will really help. His mom has the scrapbooks to pour over and he repeats your names and we tell all the funny stories about all his friends! He has gained much awareness and now "wants to go home". Whew, same here, buddy.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how far he has come in a week! I'm so happy he got to go outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!! He is such an outdoor person I know that alone had to make him feel better! Tell him we all love him and can't wait to see him!!

    Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news to hear. Sounds like Michael has made big improvements this week. I know that you are both looking forward to next week. Tina and Larry

    ReplyDelete