Sludacris

Sludacris

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New digs

Michael will be moving into a new apartment without a roommate, tomorrow. He will also have 2 Resident Assistants, which hopefully will help with some of the issues he has had. I must mention that CNS is doing everything to acommadate Michael so that he can learn and hopefully thrive. He is an especially hard case because physically, he is for the most part, healthy [and strong] but mentally not so. He is a flight risk anytime he gets it in his mind he is leaving. We are hoping that soon he will learn to accept where he is and begin his journey back. His speech improves every day. We see his emotions coming back and his ability to express his feelings in a simplistic way. Yesterday, Mike was reading to him from one of his books [The Road] and he started to cry and of course we both were comforting him. I said "Everything will be ok" and he responded, "I'm happy,just having ya'll hang out with me." Whew! That tugs at a parent's heartsrings. I wish CNS was in Nashville where he would have many visitors. We play music in the apartment alot and bust some moves, and of course he has a few of his own. His roommate seems to get a kick out of us. I will miss him when Michael moves. Maybe I'll plan a party in Michael's new place for a few of the guys. By the way, we recieved two collage posters today from of course, my friend Lisa Payne. Thanks girl, they are perfect...colorfull and I especially appreciate the larger photos because Michael has broken his glasses again . So bigger is definitely better! We are waiting for an appointment with a neurological Opthamalogist. It appears that Michael's sight is significantly changed. I wanted to mention that the collages are from his Europe trip with Jordan and Corey.....awesome and the other is of family and friends. Now that he has the whole apartment to himself, we can decorate all the walls, so come on friends-get creative. Make silly videos or DVD's that he can watch and laugh at. Did I mention we have an extra bedroom and comfy sofa, also a nice pool and HOT TUB! Oh yea Come see the sludacris anytime. We welcome you. Post from Mom

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they worked out!!! I'll work on a DVD for him now. Tell him we miss him and we love him!

    Lisa P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More posters and such are coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking to fly down in May... I will call you once I have more details.

    -Schemmel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let us know if you got the photos we sent...

    Wendie and Steve

    ReplyDelete