Sludacris

Sludacris

Thursday, April 14, 2011

One day at a time

I think I've learned to stay in the day. Looking forward is overwhelming, and looking back is disastorous. I'm going to celabrate all the small steps forward with Michael. Yesterday, I saw him smile, while playing Jenga, more than I have in months. He has gained 11 pounds in a month. He is sleeping quite well during the night. His combative episodes are fewer and much less intense. I feel like the staff is getting to see the real Michael more often and following our cues as to how to react to him. All these things are positive. I'd like to thank those friends and family that have called him. He really enjoys hearing familiar voices. If you struggle with what to say, just recall stories from your past with him and make your questions basic yes or no answers. Many are planning to make a trip out to visit him..........it will be so awesome for Michael. It looks like May will be pretty busy. Anyone wanting to visit just give me a call- [615]483-3354. Michael can also recieve mail at this address: 3915 P0rtland Road Irving, TX 75060 Apt. 21 Thankyou all who have sent something to decorate his apartment with. He still has alot of room...hint-hint Love to all of you for supporting us and Michael thru this tough time. Rosi [mom]

No comments:

Post a Comment