Sludacris

Sludacris

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Son

Small tidbit. Its 4 in the morning and Michael is laying next to me. He stirs and sees me and says Hello. Its dark. He asks who I am and I say Dad. He thinks and asks my name. I say Mike. He thinks again and asks my last name. I tell him and he thinks. He then says thats my name. I smile and say yes it is because you are my son. I turn on the light and point to a picture of all of us and show him our family. He lets it sink in and smiles. He asks how old I am and I tell him. I turn out the light and talk to him for about an hour, answering his questions. He pats me on the arm and then goes to sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Awwwww.that is just too sweet!!!
    Love y'all<3
    Roma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up. Being a parent is very difficult. With 2 of my own I know that I would much rather something happen to me than them any day. But you have to stay strong and be there for them. Michael is very lucky to have such a wonderful family. You have an amazing son and I know he is going to be ok. God bless you and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete