Sludacris

Sludacris

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

10 little things... :)

1. Yesterday morning, Michael walks into the living room, realized the movie that had been playing was paused. He picks up the remote, presses play, and turns the volume up.
- two days ago he didn't show any interest in the remote. He would just ask someone to turn the volume up or down

2. Michael said, "I'm thirsty." (!!!)

3.Last night he tried to walk outside but the door was locked- he unlocked it.

4. I pointed to a picture of his brother, Jordan, in a scrapbook and asked Michael, "Who's this guy?". After a couple stutters, he said, "That's Jordan."

5. I pointed to a picture of Landon and asked Michael if he recognized this "crazy guy". He said without hesitation, "Who Landon?"

6. Rajib held up a picture of Michael's face, Michael said laughing"Who's that fool? That's me!".

7. Last night Michael turned to Mr. Sluder and began asking him if he remembers a certain person (from work I think) from several years ago.(!) He said, "It was a long time ago I don't know if you remember, but it was around the time me and her (and pointed to me) started,"
-He's still having trouble articulating his thoughts, but we are seeing small signs that his long term memory is there

8. I was playing with his miniature basket ball, he pointed to the ceiling and said, "Hey look up there!" I looked, .. he snatched it from me and laughed. This blew my mind.

9. When Mrs. Rosi walks into the room, Michael often says, "Hey Mama!"

10. Majority of the time, Michael says "please", "thank you", offers others food when he's the only one in the room that has some, always makes sure I have enough room on the couch , shares his blanket, and frequently thanks Mrs. Rosi and Mr. Mike for taking care of him. :)

Thank God for these little things.

Much love
Maisie

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Maisie! This has made my day!
    -chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God!!!! I'm so glad to see this! I know my husband will be super happy! Please tell him Juan and Brooke Trujillo love him very much and miss him very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all AWESOME news!!!! xxxooo

    ReplyDelete