Sludacris

Sludacris

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Michael's sweet side :)

Medically, today is not much different than yesterday. But behaviorally, Michael was more aware and a tad sweeter than yesterday (in between naps..still sleeping most of the day). The first time he woke up, he looked at the TV and said, "uhh... let's turn this up." -a complete, coherent, relevant sentence. Then I handed him the basketball and asked him to throw it back to me, he did so in a shooting motion :))

Later in the evening, Michael scooted over in his bed and invited Rosi (mom) to lay down with him!! And the waterworks began..
Rosi:"You know I'm your Mamma right?"
M:"yeah"
Rosi:"You know I love you right?"
Michael grinned and said "yeah", and put his arm around her and rubbed her back.
Jordan (brother) was out of the room for about an hour and Michael tried to ask for him by name. He looked around and said, "Where is he? Where's (and made some words that start with the J sound). Rosi said "Jordan?" He said "yeah".
He's getting so close.


Around 10:00pm I gathered my things to leave, walked over to his bedside to tell him goodbye.
I leaned over, grabbed his hand and told him I'm leaving but I'll be back tomorrow. He said "ok", and went back to sleep. I tried to walk away but he wouldn't let go of my hand. This lasted about 15 minutes.. every time I'd try to leave he'd squeeze my hand. Precious right..

Docs say he will improve very slowly and steadily. Patience is key. He's doing great.

Maisie

No comments:

Post a Comment