Sludacris

Sludacris

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Pneumomediastinum

This is one of the concerns that the doctors have at this point that they are monitoring. Don't ask me to spell it ever again! Basically, it means that his chest cavity around his lungs and heart have air in them that shouldn't be there. This showed up on the body scan. It could have been caused by vomiting (which he apparently did quite a bit of before he was found) or by a foreign object that he attempted to eat in his delirium that punctured the esophagus. Because of this, Michael is not allowed to eat or drink anything stronger than a few ice chips. This may be the case for up to a week. (Basically, he will not be able to eat for a week.) This is a bummer because we believe he probably has not eaten all this week either. But we do not want any further complications with his heart or lungs, so...

A few moments of lightness have happened over the last few days. He really enjoyed having Maisie here (his childhood friend and, I have decided, future wife.) He flirted with her even without a language anyone can understand- it only takes that trademark Michael smirk. He got a credit card from his wallet this morning (during one of his few minutes of wakefulness today) and asked me to get him a "fritter", which I interpreted as "burger". Sadly, I could not comply. The first night I was here, he found my purse on the floor, dug through and examined all the contents, picked it up and announced he had to go. I think he is making plans in his head to get out of here. When Mom, Dad, and Jordan were all here, he patted Dad's back, looked around, and said "I like you guys." We like you too, Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment